What is construction estimation software?
A construction business needs to be able to give its customers fast and accurate estimates of how long a job will take and how much it will cost.
After the takeoff process, in which blueprints and analyzed and materials lists are compiled, the contractor will provide the customer with an estimate that will help them make an informed decision about the work. There are dozens of software apps available to facilitate this process; some are simple calculators while others are all-in-one software bundles.
Following are some of the best-reviewed construction estimation software programs available.
- RSMeans Data Online. This financial management software, brought to you by Gordian, offers eBooks that list current construction costs and cloud-based estimating software. Their databases update quarterly, promising the most current information available. There are three purchasing tiers available, offering the most basic current information or software that predicts prices up to three years into the future. The package is highly customizable depending on consumer needs, and specific pricing information can be acquired through the website.
- Destini Estimator by Beck Technology supports both 2D and 3D takeoff programs to streamline the estimating process. It offers unlimited sorting fields so that users can sort their estimates in various ways. It integrates with ProCore, so users can import drawings from Procore Drawings and Documents and upload to ProCore Financial to start the budgeting process. The company can be reached via email, phone, or the contact form on their web page.
- Projul advertises that it was specially designed for small businesses of less than 50 employees. The software comes with prebuilt templates, or the user can build and save their own. It integrates with QuickBooks for creating estimates and change orders. In addition, customers can view, approve, and sign contracts from their phone or other device. Pricing starts at $49 per month for one user up to $599 per month for unlimited users.
- Buildxact advertises to small builders, remodelers, and contractors. Users can use the on-screen takeoff tool and load local supplier prices from Excel to create their own reusable template. Buildxact integrates with QuickBooks and Deputy for comprehensive financial management. The monthly price varies from $149 to $399, and there is a 14-day free trial.
- ProEst. This cloud-based all-in-one software system offers assistance for CRM, takeoffs, estimating, and proposals. The system offers a standardized estimating process to increase efficiency and consistency and reduce the risk of errors. The monthly subscription offers unlimited support for unlimited users, and customers can contact the company for specific pricing.
- Clear Estimates is partnered with RemodelMAX to provide material and labor costs in its estimating software. It advertises full pricing data and not national averages, guaranteeing a more accurate estimate. The database contains over 60 templates for common jobs like kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. In addition to calculating estimates the service also creates professional proposals automatically. Monthly plans start at $59 per month, and there is a 30-day free trial available.
- Sharpesoft’s Estimator provides live training and assistance during the installation and startup process. Live trainings are also available as needed, and technical support is available for issues like system requirements and organization. Its Trench Profiler tool allows users to create diagrams of trenches and automatically calculate material needs and costs. Pricing is available upon request.
- JobProgress is an all-in-one software app for construction management. In addition to estimation, the app offers employee management, CRM assistance, and online sales and marketing. JobProgress costs $60 per user per month after a single one-time free of $750.
- Nomitech’s CostOS offers options for importing both 2D and 3D BIM takeoff software. Multiple files from different modeling solutions can be loaded into one model simultaneously, and the app integrates with Excel for creating charts and spreadsheets. Prices vary depending on user needs, and customers can request pricing information or a free demo through the website.
- On Center Software is part of ConstructConnect, a major market leader of construction software. On Center’s eQuotes too allows live updates of pricing and creates change orders that can be priced independently or as part of the job. Its Quick Bid app integrates with other On Center applications like On-Screen Takeoff and Bid Navigator to facilitate the process. Prices vary depending on consumer needs, so users are encouraged to contact the company through their website for prices or a free demo.
Good estimating software is crucial for providing potential customers with estimates that are both accurate and prompt. New technology makes it easier all the time for contractors to create accurate estimates and forge solid connections with their customers.